Linksys range extenders are one of the great devices to help the users to amplify their existing WiFi range and coverage in every nook and cranny of the house. After setting up Linksys extender, the next important step is to secure it. And for that, you need to change its default Linksys WiFi extender login admin password. However, a lot of users forget the Linksys WiFi extender login password.
If the same issue is spinning your head too, then fortunately you have landed on the right post. Here, we will take you through each and every step involved with Linksys WiFi extender login password reset. Keep scrolling down!
Linksys WiFi Extender Login Password Reset
In order to reset Linksys WiFi extender login password, you need to restore all the settings of your range extender. After the reset process, all the extender’s customized settings with be erased and your Linksys device will become brand new. So, you have to set it up again and configure its settings as per your preferences. That is why, you need to change the default Linksys WiFi extender login password to something unique and strong in order to make it secure from unwanted access.
Let’s make you familiar with the fact that restoring the extender’s default settings and changing the Linksys WiFi extender login password are 2 different processes. Allow us to guide with these processes one by one. Let’s delve in!
Restore the Default Settings of your Linksys WiFi Range Extender
Follow the step-by-step instructions to restore your Linksys WiFi extender’s settings:
Step 1: Plug your Linksys extender into a working wall socket. Once done, turn it on.
Step 2: Make sure that your Linksys extender is receiving continuous and fluctuation-free power supply from it respective wall outlet.
Step 3: Locate the reset hole on your Linksys WiFi range extender.
Step 4: Push the extender’s reset hole gently using a pin or a paper clip.
Step 5: Wait for some time for your Linksys extender to reboot properly.
And that’s it! You have successfully rebooted the Linksys extender login password. Now, you have to use the default Linksys extender login password to log in to your device.
Now, let’s have a quick glance at the steps highlighted below to change the default Linksys extender login password and make it secure from anonymous people.
How to Change Linksys Extender Login Password?
As soon as you are done with the process of Linksys extender password reset, walk through the steps highlighted below and know how to get the job done in minutes:
- Place your Linksys WiFi range extender in central location of your house. Better to keep in openly near to your router and away from walls, windows, and corners.
- Once done with the placement process, put your Linksys WiFi range extender on power.
- Grab an Ethernet cable and connect your Linksys extender to your router.
- Next, turn on a PC or laptop. Connect it to the extender’s default SSID, Linksys extender setup-xxx.
- Open your favorite internet browser. Make sure that the internet browser is running the latest software version.
- Head over to the browser’s address bar and type extender.linksys.com.
- Press the Enter key.
- Using the default Linksys WiFi extender login password, navigate to the Administration section.
- Click on Extender Password option.
- Enter the new password.
- Once done. click on Save to apply the changes.
Kudos! In this manner, you can change the default Linksys extender login password after resetting it. On the off chance if you find any difficulty while applying the steps listed above, get in touch with our highly qualified technical experts via comments. Our professionals will surely help you out to change the default Linksys WiFi extender login password.