When you have NBN cabling contractors and you are ready to access the network you have a choice of speed tiers to choose from depending on your needs and how many people are in the house and their needs too. What you need is different if it is just you or if you have lots of people streaming content at one time or if you need speeds able to keep up with working from home. The speed tiers available are outlined below as well as looking factors that might impact your experience with those speeds. What tiers are available does depend on where you are, what the internet and phone provider you choose offers and your technology.
NBN speed tiers an NBN technician could give you access to
Moving from the slowest and most basic packages up to the fastest.
- Home Basic I – this is good for homes with one person with simple needs such as being able to use the phone and emailing.
- Home Basic II – the next one up from home basic I, but this is for up to two users and allows for internet browsing, standard video streaming as well as sending emails and making calls.
- Home Standard – this is the next one for homes with three or four people using devices and allows for downloading files, working from home, playing online games and HD streaming.
- Home Fast – this is for homes with five or more people who have multiple devices to use. After NBN cabling contractors connect you you can access online gaming, 4K video streaming, use devices online at the same time, work from home and download large files.
- Fast Pro – this is great for people who run a business from their home as it gives better uploading speeds than Home Fast. It is for home businesses, people who work from home, allows for fast uploading and lets you download large files, gives you faster uploading of even large files and lets you use several devices at the same time.
- Home Superfast – this tier works for houses with five or more users, multiple devices and people using data heavy apps. It allows quicker downloading of large files, multiple devices being online at once and 4K and 8K video streaming.
- Home Ultrafast – this tier is the highest option giving households very fast connectivity and a top-level experience. It is meant to allow quicker downloading and uploading of large files, being able to use multiple devices at once, preparing your home for advances in digital technology and concurrent 4K and 8K streaming.
IMG Source – Teleaus.com
Things that could impact your internet experience
- How the network is configured
- The size and type of files of the content you want to download or upload
- The setup you have at home so talk to the NBN technician and ask them for the best option and tips
- How your provider manages the traffic and configures their part of the network
- What provider you choose and the speed plan you choose
- The time of day, often evening is slower because there is more traffic
- What NBN technology you have on your property
- How many people are online in your home at one time