Electrical equipment is a source of potential danger. If you are responsible for its operation, you must be aware of the risk of arc flash.
To defend workers, you need to comprehend what is an arc flash study.
What is arc flash study and what is its purpose?
An electric arc is a current flowing through ionized air outside of its normal path. In this case, released energy can cause severe burns.
So, what is arc flash study? This is a process during which experts analyze the risk of spontaneous explosion. The main purpose of arc flash study is to diminish risks and protect employees. It is best when this procedure is entrusted to a competent arc flash study company.
When is arc flash study required?
Many people ask: when is an arc flash study required? There are several “when” for its performance:
- Installing a new electrical system.
- Significant modification of it.
- If you did not complete the procedure after 2018. A new guide has been released this year (IEEE 1584-2018, which regulates arc flash study requirements).
Arc flash study general steps
If you decide to act, you need to go through several stages:
- Who can perform an arc flash study? Only certified specialists of your company or from an outsourcing firm. Therefore, the first stage is the search for competent contractors.
- How much does an arc flash study cost? The answer is essential from a business prospect.
buy finasteride online buy finasteride generic
Thearc flash study cost depends on several factors: the size of your establishment, the amount of equipment, and the state of the data you have.
- The third stage is to define the scope of work, after which you will receive an arc flash study report.
What do you gain by arc flash study?
Upon completion of the arc flash study, your machinery will receive labels with restricted and limited boundaries. Also, you’ll have an arc flash study specification, PPE recommendations, details about potential dangers, and advice on safety precautions. Employees are strongly advised to participate in arc flash study training.