Has your Netgear EX2700 extender suddenly stopped working? Does your extender says connected, but is not let you to compete your online tasks? Well, fret not! This how-to guide will help you fix the annoying issues you are facing with your Netgear EX2700 WiFi extender. Let’s begin!
Netgear WiFi extender not working issue is one of the most common issues faced by tens of millions of users today. If you are also one of those, you must follow the easy-to-execute troubleshooting steps given in this post.
Before going with the advance troubleshooting tips to fix the issue, let us walk you through with some basic ones. First try the basic troubleshooting tips and if they don’t work for you, go with the advance ones.
Netgear EX2700 Extender Basic Troubleshooting Tips
Give your Netgear EX2700 extender, router or modem a restart. Unplug them from the main power outlet, wait for some time and after that plug them back in again.
Tip: Plug in your modem first, then your router, and after that your Netgear extender.
The power LED on your devices will start blinking. After a couple of minutes, they will become stable. If so, then you have fixed Netgear EX2700 extender not working issue on your own. To verify, connect your EX2700 to the router and your smartphone to the extender and access mywifiext local. If the web address loads up without any error, it means your extender is working fine. Else, proceed towards the next troubleshooting tip.
Update Netgear EX2700 Extender Firmware
It is quite possible that the firmware on your device has become outdated. If this is the reason that is hampering your extender’s performance, then you are advised to update Netgear extender firmware right away. To do so:
- Connect your Netgear extender to the router.
- Open a web browser on any WiFi-enabled device.
- Access the Netgear extender setup page via mywifiext.net.
- You will be able to log in to your extender only after entering the valid username and password. So, enter the login details correctly to proceed further successfully.
- Once logged in successfully, check for the available updates and if any new firmware is available for your extender then get update it by following the on-screen instructions.
As soon as the firmware gets updated on your device, it will restart automatically. So, don’t fret out!
Now check if it fixed the issue for you or not. On the off chance that the issue still persists, consider the next troubleshooting tip.
Reset Your Netgear WiFi Extender
You can reset your Netgear extender either using a “Hard reset” method or using the “Soft reset” method. Let’s walk you through both the methods one by one.
Hard Reset Your Netgear Router
- Locate the Reset button on your Netgear extender.
- Press the Netgear extender reset hole using a paperclip or similar object.
- Once done, release the factory reset button.
- That’s it! You can again perform Netgear EX2700 setup for seamless internet connectivity.
Soft Reset Your Netgear Extender
- Access www.mywifiext.net using the internet browser and get redirected to the Netgear extender login
- Enter the EX2700 username and password.
- Now under Maintenance tab – navigate to Backup settings option.
- Select “Revert to factory default settings”.
- Doing so will reset all your extender settings back to the default and ask for reboot.
- Now restart your Netgear and configure it again using the default values.
If you are a newbie, it is advised to configure your Netgear extender under experts’ supervision. Partial or improper Netgear extender setup will not allow it to work properly as per your expectations.