Netgear extenders have set the bar too high with their astounding WiFi performance. They amplify the WiFi signals emitted by the home routers to provide whole-home coverage. Not only this, Netgear extenders are working wonders in businesses too. That is why millions across the globe prefer to perform Netgear WiFi extender setup If you are also planning to set up a Netgear range extender, then we highly appreciate your decision.
You might be aware of the Netgear extender setup process. But, how will you configure the extender if your router’s SSID is hidden? Well, you need not sweat over it because here we have prepared a handy guide for you to set up a Netgear wireless extender if the router is not broadcasting its SSID. So, let’s get started.
How to Set Up Extender If Router’s Hidden SSID?
Follow the instructions mentioned below to configure your Netgear wireless range extender if the router’s SSID broadcast is disabled:
- Unbox your brand new Netgear wireless range extender.
- Plug your range extender into an electrical outlet and press the Power button.
- Wait until the power LED on your Netgear range extender turns solid green.
- Now, establish a stable connection between your Netgear extender and the existing router using an Ethernet cable.
- Switch on your computer.
- Open a web browser like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, Microsoft Internet Explorer, etc.
- Go to the address bar.
- Type mywifiext.net in it.
- Press the Enter key.
- You will be prompted to enter the default username and password of your Netgear range extender.
- Click the Log In button after entering the required details.
- You will be taken to the Netgear extender setup wizard.
- Enter the SSID and password of your Netgear router into the required fields.
- Once done, go through the on-screen instructions and complete setting up your Netgear extender.
After configuring the Netgear extender, connect your WiFi-enabled devices to its Netgear_ext and enjoy surfing the internet.
Although it is quite easy to set up a Netgear extender if the router’s SSID is hidden, some users still face difficulties while doing so. So, to avoid these difficulties and perform Netgear extender setup in a hassle-free manner, you need to keep the following tips in mind:
Tips for Successful Netgear Extender Setup
- Ensure that the electrical outlet that you’ve used to power up your Netgear range extender is working properly.
- There should not be any cuts on the Ethernet cable.
- No matter which web browser you use to set up your Netgear extender, it should be updated and free of cache, cookies, and browsing history.
- To get success with the Netgear extender setup process, enter the correct default web address into the address bar of the web browser.
- The default username and password of the Netgear range extender are case-sensitive. A single typo is enough to prevent you from installing your WiFi device. So, be careful while entering the default login details. Also, turn the Caps Lock key on your keyboard off.
- Temporarily disable the antivirus software and firewall on your computer before starting the setup process of the Netgear wireless range extender.
- Enter the correct SSID and the password of your existing WiFi router when prompted to do so. Remember that entering the wrong details may prevent you from setting up the Netgear extender.
- Make sure that your Netgear range extender is placed away from devices emitting radio-waves, metal objects, reflexive surfaces, etc.
- Above all, do not try to refresh the web browser or turn off your Netgear extender amidst the setup process.
This was all about how to configure your Netgear extender if the router is not broadcasting its SSID. Hopefully, you will be able to set up your WiFi device with the help of the aforementioned guide. Thanks for reading the article.