Jetted tubs, with their soothing jets and spa-like experience, are the epitome of relaxation in the comfort of one’s home. However, their intricate designs, combined with regular use, can make them susceptible to dirt, grime, and even bacterial growth if not cleaned properly. This is commercial cleaning Spokane, such as those offered by “Live Clean Today,” coming into the picture, revolutionizing how professionals manage their time and home maintenance. To keep your jetted tub in pristine condition and ensure every bath is as hygienic as it is relaxing, a regular cleaning routine is vital.
In this article, we’ll explore a comprehensive step-by-step guide on cleaning a jetted tub to maintain its efficiency and hygiene.
Safety and Precautions
First and foremost, safety should never be compromised:
- Disconnect Power: Ensure the tub’s power is turned off to prevent accidental activation.
- Avoid Abrasives: To prevent scratches, never use abrasive cleaners or tools on your tub.
Gather Your Cleaning Supplies
For a thorough cleaning, gather the following:
- Low-foaming dishwasher detergent
- White vinegar or commercial jetted tub cleaner
- A soft cloth or non-abrasive sponge
- An old toothbrush
- Soft towels for drying
Quick Daily Clean
Post-bath, a quick cleanup can help prevent major buildups:
- Drain the Tub: After each use, make sure to drain the tub completely.
- Rinse: Use fresh water to rinse off any residual soap or bath product.
- Wipe Down: With a soft cloth, wipe down the tub to remove any lingering
Deep Cleaning the Tub
For a comprehensive cleaning, especially targeting the jets:
- Fill the Tub: Close the drain and fill the tub with hot water until the jets are submerged by at least a few inches.
- Add Cleaning Agents: Pour in 2 tablespoons of low-foaming dishwasher detergent and 4 cups of white vinegar. Alternatively, use a commercial jetted tub cleaner following its instructions.
- Run the Jets: Turn on the jets and let them run for about 15 minutes.
- Drain and Rinse: Turn off the jets, drain the tub, and then refill it with cold water. Run the jets again for another 10-15 minutes to rinse out any remaining cleaning solution.
- Drain Again: Once rinsed, drain the tub once more.
Sometimes, a deeper manual cleaning is needed:
- Wipe Down: Using your soft cloth or sponge, wipe down the entire tub.
- Brush the Jets: The old toothbrush will come in handy here. Gently scrub around the jet nozzles and other hard-to-reach areas to remove any grime or buildup.
- Rinse and Dry: Once you’re satisfied, rinse off any loosened debris and dry the tub with soft towels.
Cleaning the Air Jets
If your tub has air jets:
- Activate Dry Cycle: Some modern jetted tubs have a drying cycle for air jets. Activate it after each use.
- Manual Dry: If there’s no drying cycle, leave the air jets on for about 20 minutes post-draining to ensure they’re dry.
Monthly Maintenance and Precautions
- Avoid Oil-based Bath Products: These can leave residues in the tub and jets.
- Monthly Clean: Even if you don’t use your tub daily, a monthly deep clean is beneficial.
- Check Filters: If your tub has filters, make sure to clean or replace them regularly.
Addressing Potential Repairs
Regular cleaning can also serve as a checkup:
- Inspect Jets: Ensure they’re not loose or showing signs of wear.
- Check Tub Surface: Look out for cracks or damage that might need attention.
- Monitor Drain Efficiency: Ensure water drains quickly and completely.
A jetted tub is a luxury, offering therapeutic relaxation right in your home. However, to ensure that every bath remains a pleasant experience, it’s essential to keep the tub clean and well-maintained. With the above steps, not only will you enjoy a hygienic soak, but you’ll also extend the lifespan of your cherished tub.
If you like more to relax in the jetted tub than to clean it, you can ask professional maids to maintain it. Live Clean Today during 15 years of work in Spokane, WA, cleaned a lot of jetted tubs and learned the best ways of cleaning them. If you order house cleaning or bathroom cleaning, there’s no need to worry about your jetted tub, it’ll shine!