Did you try to update your Netgear Orbi by ended up coming across the firmware update failure issue? If the answer to the question is yes, then worry not because we are here to assist you. In this article, we’ll provide you with the topmost troubleshooting tips through which you can easily get rid of the issue at hand.
But, before jumping onto the troubleshooting tips, why not become aware of the reasons why your Orbi firmware update failed?
- You have a weak or slow internet connection
- The placement of your WiFi device is incorrect
- You might have chosen the wrong firmware version
- Your Orbi router and modem aren’t connected
Now that you’re aware of the factors leading to the Netgear Orbi firmware update issue, it’s time to proceed further and learn how to troubleshoot the issue. Scroll down and read on.
Fixed: Netgear Orbi Firmware Update Failure
- Blazing-Fast Internet Connection
Start by checking the speed of your internet connection. If your internet connection is weak, then it’s pretty obvious why the Netgear firmware update failed. Thus, ensure that your Netgear Orbi device has access to a blazing-fast internet connection.
For further assistance, it is recommended that you get in touch with your Internet Service Provider (ISP). Or even better, you can reach out to our highly qualified technicians.
- Relocate the Netgear Orbi Device
To get rid of the Netgear Orbi firmware update failure issue, make sure that your Orbi router as well as satellite are placed in a neat and clean area. Also, place the Netgear Orbi router close to the satellite.
Plus, keep devices like washing machines, cordless phones, treadmills, microwaves, refrigerators, baby monitors, televisions, and Bluetooth speakers away from your Netgear Orbi device. Why? Because such devices are known to cause unwanted interference in the WiFi signals of your device. Thus, taking precautions is necessary.
- Connect the Orbi Router and Modem
Another reason why your Netgear Orbi firmware update failed is because your router and modem aren’t properly connected. Therefore, ensure that the connection between both your WiFi devices is strong enough. If not, then consider the points given below:
- Do no connect your Netgear Orbi router and modem using a wireless source.
- Connect both your WiFi devices with the help of an Ethernet cable.
- Verify that the Ethernet cable isn’t loose, worn out, or damaged.
- Replace the Ethernet cable with a new one immediately if it is damaged.
- Choose the Right Firmware Version
Half of the time users face issues in updating the firmware of their Netgear Orbi device is because they choose the wrong firmware version to upload. Have you been making the same mistake while trying to update your WiFi device?
Here are the instructions that you need to follow in order to properly update the firmware of your Netgear Orbi device:
- Switch on your laptop or mobile phone.
- Open Google Chrome on either of the devices.
- Then, perform Netgear Orbi login.
- Go to the Settings option located at the top right corner.
- Choose the right model under Administration.
- Click on Download and wait for the file to get uploaded.
- Once the file gets uploaded, click on the Firmware Update button.
Note: Do not forget to give your Netgear Orbi device some time to get updated.
- Perform a Factory Default Reset
If none of the aforementioned troubleshooting tips were of help to you, then you should give the ultimate fix a try. And that is, factory default reset. Resetting your Netgear Orbi will restore your WiFi device to its factory default settings.
Mentioned below are the step-by-step guidelines to reset your Netgear Orbi device:
- Open a new tab in your web browser.
- Access the orbilogin.net web page.
- Click on Settings > Backup Settings > Erase.
Now, tap on the ‘Restore device to factory default settings’ and hit Enter to reset your Orbi.