Many women like to live a fit and healthy lifestyle. Whether it is running, weightlifting, Pilates, or yoga, they love to stay active and get in better shape. After all, everyone can benefit from some form of exercise or movement nowadays. Regardless of the workout setting, women should feel comfortable when performing their daily exercise and routine.
Choosing the right women’s activewear can help bring the best out of all ladies with active lifestyles. However, this can be a tricky job, especially for beginners. Some women may need to reassess their sportswear collection and see if they need to remove and add some new pieces. These tips can help all sporty women select a proper workout fit.
Start With the Right Fabric
With extensive workout comes a lot of sweat. In choosing fabrics for activewear, one should opt for light and breathable materials made with quick-drying technology. Some of these fabrics include the following:
- Bamboo – Bamboo pulp can be made into a natural fabric that is soft, comfortable, and equipped with an anti-static property. This makes it hug the body better and prevent the garment from slipping out while moving. This is also the best choice for outdoor workouts such as jogging or running because it can protect the skin from ultraviolet radiation. To top it all off, this material can even repel odour, so there is no need to worry about smelling like sweat after a workout.
- Cotton – Instead of polyester, cotton is a better choice due to its sweat-absorbing property. Stench-causing bacteria are also less likely to grow on cotton fabrics. However, they are more advisable for lighter workout routines like yoga to absorb less sweat.
- Nylon – This is a popular synthetic fibre that is soft, stretchable, breathable, quick-drying, and mildew resistant. During intense sweat exercise, nylon allows cool air to flow into the skin and let sweat evaporate faster. This is the best choice for any workout.
- Polypropylene – This is a plastic synthetic material that is both water and stain-resistant. It can remain completely dry even after a long run. This is also suited for outdoor activities like skiing or hiking due to its thermal protection property.
- Spandex – It is the most stretchable synthetic fabric that is also breathable and moisture resistant. Spandex is usually mixed with other materials such as nylon.
Choose Season-Appropriate Workout Clothes
Just like fashion trends, women’s activewear should be changed with the seasons.
During summer, light and breathable garments should be worn when doing outdoor exercise. Leggings and sports bras are the best pair for this season.
When the cold season starts, it is important to dress your activewear in easily removable layers. The inner layer should be a sweat-wicking shirt, while the outer layer should be an insulating garment like a light zip-up or jacket. The head, ears, and hands should also be covered.
For windy or rainy days, wear an inner layer that is moisture-resistant and an outer layer that can protect the skin and body from different wind elements.
Women’s activewear comes in many forms and styles. However, when choosing the appropriate workout fit, it is important to consider the right type of fabric and the weather or current season outside to perform effectively and stay protected.