Europe has always been an attraction for tourists, but what if people can become residents of a European country? One of the best destinations for European Residency is Portugal, as the country established the Portuguese Golden Visa Program in 2012. The program allows non-EU citizens to become residents of Portugal and presents its holders with many benefits such as visa-free travel to Europe. Applicants are required to stay in Portugal for 7 days a year only, over their five years of residence. Golden Visa is a fast-track process for obtaining permanent residence in a European country, granting them eligibility for Portuguese citizenship in six years.
People are increasingly and constantly looking at options such as golden visa, citizenship by investment or residency by investment. Especially in a time of restrictions, people are seeking more and more to have freedom of mobility and become global citizens.
We shall discuss the advantages and eligibility criteria for applying for a Portuguese golden visa in this blog.
Eligibility to Apply for Portugal Golden Visa:
Some conditions must be met to be eligible for a Portuguese Golden Visa:
- Applicants must be over 18 years of age.
- An investment in government-approved real estate is required.
- No history of criminal records.
- Applicants must maintain their investment.
Advantages of Portugal Golden Visa:
Portugal offers numerous benefits through its Golden Visa program, including:
- European Citizenship: Portugal Golden Visa grants its holders the possibility to become European Residents. Applicants could also acquire Portuguese citizenship after 6 years from the initial investment. European Citizenship awards its holders visa free travel to over 185 countries and a chance for flourishing businesses. Portugal offers dual citizenship and is known as the fifth strongest passport in the world.
- The Market Potential for Real Estate: Portugal is a great place to invest in the real estate market. This field is the safest choice for securing a future in a European country. Investors will also be offered a number of tax benefits.
- Healthcare and Education: After getting a golden visa for Portugal, parents can send their children to world-class public or private institutions for education. It is also worth mentioning that private tuitions are available at a minimal price. Likewise, healthcare facilities are another great advantage in the country. Every patient gets the best treatment across the country with outstanding health care facilities.
Portugal’s Golden Visa Program is one of the most affordable and popular programs for foreigners seeking residence in a European country and it allows you to benefit from rental returns. Investors can obtain the visa within 4 to 6 months. Applicants can acquire permanent residency after 5 years of initial investment and a citizenship after six. Obtaining a Portuguese passport is a great benefit, with Portugal being a place where you can easily invest and earn.
Bluemina Citizenship & Residency is a market leader in dual citizenship, second passport, permanent residency and citizenship by investment. Bluemina has been helping individuals, families and investors become global citizens since it first started operating in 1997. The firm offers over 16 citizenship and residency by investment programs, we grant you a second passport in your country of choice with a fast-processing time, allowing you to travel the world freely.