Have you been finding it hard to access the Netgear mywifiext.net not working issue? Since when has this issue causing a pain in your head? Well, regardless of how long this issue has been troubling you, I’m here to assist you.
In this article, you’ll find the basic as well as the advanced troubleshooting tips to fix the issue of mywifiext not working. So, without wasting any more time, let’s get started.
Fixed: Netgear Mywifiext.net Not Working Issue
- Check the Hardware
Let’s get the basics cleared first. And by that I mean, proper hardware configuration. Make sure that the hardware of your Netgear WiFi range extender is properly configured. In case it isn’t, then consider the points mentioned below:
- Unbox your WiFi extender with utmost care.
- The power cable that you’re using should be finger-tight.
- The wall socket that your device is plugged into should be free of damages.
Keep the Placement of the Extender in Mind
Next, ensure that you’ve placed your Netgear range extender at its ideal location.
The location of a device plays a major role when it comes to its proper functioning. Thus, keep the following tips in mind while choosing the location of your device:
- The extender should be placed away from corners and concrete walls.
- Electronic and transmitting devices should be kept away from the extender.
- Do not place your WiFi device inside or behind a cupboard.
- Also, place your Netgear extender in the center-most location of your house.
Following these basic troubleshooting tips would’ve surely helped you in getting rid of the Netgear mywifiext.net not working issue. On the off chance, if they haven’t, then it’s time that you jump onto the advanced tips.
Or, why not consider getting in touch with me through the comments section below? Trust me, sometimes, one-on-one converation is a better form of getting assisted.
- Your Web Browser Should Be Updated
One of the biggest reasons why you aren’t able to access the www.mywifiext.net web page is because the web browser you’re using is outdated. Therefore, ensure that the web browser you’re using to log into your device is up-to-date.
If updating the browser doesn’t resolve the issue, then try clearing its cache, cookies, and junk files. Still no luck? In that case, it is recommended that you shift to another web browser to access the mywifiext.net web page.
- Make Use of the Correct Web Address
Did you cross-check the web address while typing it? No? Well, that might be another reason why you are facing the mywifiext.net not working issue. But, worry not, this teeny tiny mistake that you committed can easily be reversed.
All you need to do is, be careful the next time you use the default web address to log into your Netgear WiFi range extender. Also, you can use the default IP address instead.
Note: Refer to the Netgear manual to learn more about the default IP of your extender.
- Update the Firmware of the Extender
If even after following all the troubleshooting mentioned above you aren’t able to fix the Netgear mywifiext.net not working issue, then perhaps you should give extender firmware update a try. Here are the steps to update the firmware of your Netgear WiFi device:
- Firstly, ensure that your Netgear extender is well connected to the WiFi router.
- Then, switch on your laptop and log into your device by accessing 192.168.1.250.
- Go to the Settings option.
- Enter the model number and name of your Netgear WiFi range extender.
- Click on the Download button and wait for the file to get uploaded.
Note: Once the file gets uploaded, click on the Firwmware Update button.
After walking through the aforementioned basic and advanced troubleshooting tips, you’ll surely be able to fix the mywifiext.net not working issue. In case you aren’t able to, then know that I’m not that far to reach.