You will need to have a strong foundation to build up, and the same principle applies to social media marketing. You will need to design a foolproof plan to go ahead and follow the specific approaches that will increase the chances of both your conversions and returns on investment.
Well, when it comes to creating a social media marketing plan right from scratch, you will need to keep your target audience in mind. Consider your business marketing pan just like a plan you would make for a road trip. You will first need to know and head in the right direction, choosing the proper means to reach your destination. You will also need to make sure that you are on the right track, and your goal is in view.
Similarly, to create a social media marketing plan, follow these steps along the way to ensure fun and effectiveness in your social marketing strategies.
- Choose the right social networks that you intend to use and know that the maximum number of social followers hang out there
- Create and fill out your business profile complete in all respects and make sure that it is appealing and informative enough to make the users click on the link to visit your site to know more
- Find the perfect voice and tone related to your specific market niche and follow it all through your content
- Create a proper posting schedule and develop a definite strategy to ensure that you reach out to your target audience every time you post appropriately
- Make sure that you track, analyze and test the results and returns in measurable terms so that you minimize the chances of putting in any wasted efforts and most importantly
- Automate your entire process to make it easier and more effective.
In addition to that, you will also need to engage with your followers a lot so that you establish a constant connection and trust among them regarding your brand and site.
Things to Consider
Always follow the things that matter most for your target audience. This will ensure that you get more real Instagram likes and convert them to your paying and loyal customers, eventually increasing your returns on investments.
To ensure that you reach out to the right audience through the right channel, you will need to consider a few other things as well.
- First, you will need to know the right demographics of your target audience. This will help you to choose the right social channel.
- Secondly, you will need to know how much time you can actually devote to that specific network. Ideally, you should spend at least spend an hour every day for each social network you choose to use for your social media marketing strategy.
- Lastly, check your available resources, including your team members and their set of skills.
Since all social networks emphasize quality, create the best content, textual for Facebook, or visual content for social networks such as Pinterest and Instagram.
Do some research before you start your journey.
For that matter, look for research reports that compile data on audience number and demographics on different social channels such as:
- LinkedIn and others.
Compare these to choose the right channel for your business marketing.
When it comes to creating your content and text, focus on your social bio or information section. This is the primary area that you need to customize and make it look professional. There are six simple rules to follow in this regard. These are:
- Show more of your work instead of telling who you are
- Customize the keywords according to your audience
- Avoid confusing sentences and using buzzwords to keep the language simple and fresh
- Answer the issues of your potential followers with the best solution by knowing what is in it for them
- Be personal and do not be too pushy to make a sale and lastly
- Revisit and analyze your content often to make the necessary changes so that you can keep up with the current demand and trends.
Even after all these, it is not time to start sharing yet, though you will be tempted to do so at this point. You will follow one more step to do so. You must create a proper voice and tone for your content.
You can do this by:
- Creating marketing personas
- Debating on the finer points
- Focusing on your mission statement and
- Following the demands of your customer base.
Now you are ready to get off the ground and get started. With such a carefully planned social media marketing plan, you are bound to succeed, provided you follow one most crucial step: social media advertising.
Approaches for Social Media Advertising
There are several different social media advertising strategies that you can experiment with. You must focus on a plan that will apply to your specific brand.
In order to create a perfect social media advertising strategy, you will need to focus on three specific stages.
- TOFU or Top of The Funnel to generate more awareness
- MOFU or Middle of The Funnel that is related to different considerations and
- BOFU or Bottom of The Funnel that will determine the conversion rates.
This three-step social media advertising approach will ensure that you create a social media marketing campaign that will go viral, resulting in your products literally ‘flying off’ the shelves. It will only happen when awareness, consideration, and conversion work in tandem and attracts new customers.
All these three stages are crucial for any business irrespective of its size and nature to taste success. Social media advertising should be focused more on creating awareness than trying to sell a product being too aggressive.
When you create more awareness about your brand more, you will find that overcoming the challenges to make a sale is much easier. Therefore, make sure that through your social media advertising strategies, you, as a marketer, build strong relationships with your potential customers first then asking them to make a buying decision. This will ensure higher conversions and returns on your investments.