The National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET) is an entrance examination for students aspiring to secure admission into any medical college in India. Conducted once every year by the National Testing Agency (NTA), it is an online test conducted across the country on the same day. All medical entrance examinations that were conducted separately earlier, like the AIIMS entrance, JIPMER etc., are all under the purview of NEET now.
NEET 2022 Registration Process
The NEET 2022 Registration is the first step for securing admission in the medical colleges across the country for the 2021-22 academic year. Hence, the candidates are expected to ensure they follow the admission process meticulously. For the students appearing in the test to secure admission in the next academic year, the NEET 2022 Application Form was opened up in the month of November 2021. As per the official website of NEET, the form is going to be open up to December 2021.
The Application process for NEET has been standardized over the past few years and involves the following steps:
- Online Registration – the candidates are expected to fill the online application form with the required documentation within the stipulated dates.
- Correction of Details – In case the candidates have made any mistakes while filling up the details, there is a small window in which they can make the necessary amendments. It is strongly recommended to avoid this situation.
- Admit Card Download – The admit card is made available for candidates who have filled the registration form completely and correctly. The same can be downloaded from the NEET website.
- Exam – The candidates are expected to appear for the exam in the center allocated to them with their admit cards.
- Result Declaration – The NEET exam results are declared, and the candidates can proceed with the further admission process as defined by the institute.
NEET 2022 Application Details
The NEET 2022 Registration process is to be carried out from November 2021 to December 2021. Here are some dates that the aspiring candidates must be mindful of when going through the application process
|S. No.||NEET 2022 Registration Step||Date|
|1.||NEET 2022 Application Form open for candidates||November 2021|
|2.||NEET 2022 Application Form and fees submission closes||December 2021|
|3.||NEET 2022 Application Form correction window||January 2022|
|4.||NEET 2022 Admit Card Download||April 2022|
|5.||NEET 2022 Examination||The first week of May 2022|
|6.||NEET 2022 Examination Result Declaration||Early June 2022|
As is evident from above, the NEET 2022 Application Form is available for candidates for nearly a month, so they carefully fill in the details, ensuring no mistakes are made. This is critical since a mistake in the NEET 2022 Application Form can lead to disqualification.
While the time is sufficient, students should not leave the filling up of the form for the last minute. It is strongly recommended that the candidates fill in the NEET 2022 Application Form, having sufficient time to cross-check the details before submitting it.
To help the candidates in a smooth NEET 2022 Registration process, here is a list of documents that are required. Ensure that you have all these documents readily available in the required format when you sit to fill the NEET 2022 Application Form. This will help save a lot of time and avoid any mistakes.
|Document Name||JPG File Size||72 DPI image dimension|
|Passport Size photograph taken recently||10KB to 200KB||2.5” X 2.3”|
|Postcard Size photograph taken recently||50KB to 300KB||4.25” X 3.5”|
|Scanned signature of the candidate||4KB to 30KB||2.5” X 3.5”|
|Left Thumb impression of the candidate||10KB to 50KB||2.3” X 3.5”|
|Scanned copy of Class X Marksheet||100KB to 400KB||2.5” X 3.5”|
|Caste Certificate (wherever applicable)||–||–|
|Disability Certificate (wherever applicable)||–||–|
|Scanned copy of Aadhar Card||–||–|
NEET 2022 Application Process
Once they have all the relevant documents, the candidate can proceed to fill in the NEET 2022 Application form. Ensure there is a strong internet connection and no disturbance while they are filling up the form. Here are the steps that they need to follow
- Visit the official NEET website.
- Complete the NEET 2022 Registration Process. This will include creating an ID.
- Fill up the NEET 2022 Application Form carefully, using these details – Name, Father’s Name, Mother’s Name, Email ID, Mobile Number, Academic Details, Aadhar Card.
- Carefully check the details and upload the required documents.
Submit the NEET 2022 Application Form.