A virtual number (VN) is essentially the same phone number that doesn’t need a physical SIM card to work. Such a service works due to SIP telephony and specialized companies, such as Freezvon, provide even wider functionality than regular numbers. It can be connected as a full-fledged separate server or used together with a comprehensive virtual PBX.
Let’s see all the essential moments
The VN is created artificially by programming it on a digital exchange in the form of a city number. When such a VN is sold to a client, the PBX immediately programs forwarding options to required numbers (to one or several in accordance with the scheme that the client chooses for himself/herself). It is believed that this service is most suitable for small and medium-sized businesses. Freezvon offers a decent decision for companies that do not have their own office and those whose employees are constantly traveling.
It is worth noting and highlighting several factors among the main features of this issue. The SIP number has several lines and can accept calls via them at once. The company can receive only one call per such number when it uses habitual telephone numbers in its work. As for the VN, you can exploit one number for lots of calls.
It is also worth noting that the VN is inherently decentralized and has neither a region nor a link to a company. You can make profitable calls with its help not only to other regions but even to other countries. Moreover, connecting a VN takes only a few minutes. This does not require special telephone wires or equipment, all that is needed is the Internet and a device for calls.
How can you use the VN?
- Companies can assess the demand for their services or goods in other regions.
- You can save a lot of money, which is especially important for businesses that specialize in making a large number of calls.
- VNs allow you to organize remote jobs, which is an extremely popular phenomenon lately.
- It’s possible to have several accounts on social networks and instant messengers.
SIP number creates the conditions to set up forwarding an office number to a mobile one. Forwarding helps to organize a virtual office, receive customer requests after business hours, or transfer them to voicemail. No call will be lost because each one will be recorded in the virtual PBX. It will be possible to listen to the recordings of calls transferred to employees’ mobile phones at any time. By the way, SIP handles 4 aspects of setting up and terminating communications.
- User location. It’s about the definition of the target system that will be used for communication.
- User availability. It concerns determining the readiness of the called subscriber to join the conversation.
- User capabilities. We are talking about the definition of the environment and the parameters of this environment to be used.
- Session summary. It’s the call, a summary of the session parameters on both sides, together with the calling and called parties.
Safety issues are very important due to the nature of online services. SIP provides a set of security options that include DOS attack prevention, authentication (both user-to-user and proxy), integrity protection, and encryption and privacy services.
Why is it advantageous to use IP telephony and VN in your office?
Some companies continue to use the analog communication system because it is familiar and time-tested. However, IP telephony for the office has several significant advantages.
- Its connection and further use are cheaper.
- Office space is not cluttered with additional equipment and telephone cables.
- Freezvon Company provides VNs from other countries, so it’s easy to get a Philippine virtual phone number even if the office is located in another part of the world.
- You can make cheap business calls to intercity and other countries.
- There’s no need to change the number and look for a new telephone service provider when moving to another office.
There are many options for the VN use and only the companies themselves decide how and for what purposes they use such numbers. The Freezvon guarantees fast connection of VNs and full access to everything that is promised. All services are connected online and there is round-the-clock technical support for customers to make sure everything works as it should.