We usually face issues with our internet connection. These may vary from poor internet connection to not receiving the WiFi signals. Thus, you are left with no option other than resetting your WiFi router to the default factory settings. You can also reset your WiFi router if you have forgotten the password of your device. But, before resetting your NETGEAR nighthawk router, you need to follow some steps:
Back up all your data as performing factory reset will erase everything from your router.
Remove the password of the WiFi if you have ever changed it.
For the hard reset method, log out of your Netgear account.
Procedure to Reset Netgear Nighthawk Router Manually
You can reset the NETGEAR Nighthawk router by using the manual method by following the steps given below.
Note: For instant results, you can use the hard reset method.
How to Soft Reset a Netgear Nighthawk Router?
Soft reset method refers to the process of resetting your NETGEAR WiFi router by using the default router web address or IP address. You can soft reset your Nighthawk router by using the following steps:
- Switch on your NETGEAR router
- Allow all the LED lights on your NETGEAR Nighthawk router to become stable.
- Turn on your PC.
- Open a web browser. You can use any browser like Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, etc.
Note: Use the updated version of your web browser to reset your NETGEAR Nighthawk router.
- Type routerlogin.net in the address bar.
- Press Enter.
- The NETGEAR Nighthawk router login screen will appear.
- Fill in the default username and password.
Note: You can refer to the user manual for the username and password.
- Click Log In.
- Go to settings.
- Look for the Reset button and press it to start the process.
- A message to support the selection will appear.
- Confirm the selection.
- Let your Netgear Nighthawk router reboot.
How to Hard Reset the NETGEAR Nighthawk router?
We often forget the default password of our Netgear WiFi router. So, if you are the one who has forgotten the password of your NETGEAR Nighthawk router, you can reset it using the hard reset method. To perform the hard reset method for your NETGEAR Nighthawk router, use the Reset button. Read the following steps to hard reset your NETGEAR router.
- Make sure your device is switched on and receiving enough power supply.
- Check if all the LED lights on your device are glowing.
- Look for the Reset button on your NETGEAR Nighthawk router.
- To press the Reset button, make sure you have a pin-like device.
- Press and hold the button correctly.
- Your NETGEAR Nighthawk router will reset to the factory settings once you complete the process.
- Now again perform the Netgear router setup to start using your WiFi.
Note: You should perform the Netgear router setup in the same way as you did it after unboxing the device. You know why? Because factory reset will remove all the data from your device.
Also, press the Reset button very carefully as wrong process may corrupt your NETGEAR Nighthawk router. If you find any problem while performing the Netgear router factory reset, it is advisable to consult a technician expert.
You can reset your NETGEAR router using both these methods. Make sure you follow all the steps carefully to avoid any inconvenience. Now, start enjoying an uninterrupted internet connection.