Have you recently been involved in a motor vehicle accident? Whether you suffered a car crash, motorcycle incident, or trucking accident, these events can really do a number on you. Why? Simply because motor vehicle accident victims end up suffering severe fractures, paralysis, loss of limbs, and even death.
Motor vehicle accidents are actually more common than you think. According to national statistics, 16,438 daily accidents occur in the United States. The United States has a population of over 328 million people and thus increases the chances of encountering a reckless individual on the road.
Your peace of mind will be affected in these injury accidents because they prevent you from performing the activities that you love the most. Furthermore, depending on the severity of your injuries, you may require invasive medical treatments. To make matters worse, you will be forced to assume the responsibility of paying exorbitant for those medical bills.
We can only imagine the pain and despair that you may be feeling right now. Nonetheless, there is a bright side to these matters. Reckless drivers are responsible for the accident, and thus you are in your right to seek monetary compensation for all of your damages. Under tort law, the at-fault party and their insurance company must offer you a monetary settlement that can cover your expenses and burdens.
Having said that, you should know that achieving compensation is not as easy as it seems. Road traffic accidents lead to a series of legal disputes with the other party and their insurers.
Car accident cases require victims to prove that there was a negligent action that caused the incident. As a result, don’t be surprised if the at-fault party tries to avoid or deny culpability. After all, it’s their goal to not accurately compensate you.
As you can see, dealing with the consequences of a road traffic accident is extremely complex. For that reason, seeking compensation and confronting insurance firms on your own will be a failed mission. What you need is to hire a motor vehicle accident attorney.
These injury lawyers have the necessary expertise in proving fault and helping you get compensated. Throughout this article, we’ll teach you about common causes of automobile accidents, their legal standards, , and the benefits of hiring an injury attorney for your case.
The Most Common Causes of Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Speeding is perhaps the most common type of motor vehicle accidents. Each state imposes different speed limits in order to prevent these incidents.
- Driving under the influence of alcohol and drugs is another recurrent cause of road collisions. These factors can interfere with your motor skills such as eye, hand, and foot coordination.
- Texting while driving has become a primary source of these accidents as well. Usually, texting takes away the driver’s concentration from the road. As a result, people may drive in the incorrect lane and collide with other vehicles.
Legal Standards of Motor Vehicle Accidents in the United States
Road traffic accident law establishes that the party responsible for the incident is based on road traffic violations. Just like any other personal injury claim, these cases are governed almost entirely by state law. However, in each state, all victims must prove the same basic four elements in order to receive compensation. They include duty, breach, causation, and fault.
- Duty: Drivers must follow the posted rules in each corresponding state. These laws are shown as speed limits, utilizing blinkers, and respecting traffic lights.
- Breach: Car accident victims must prove that the other party breached their duty of care and caused the collision. Victims can present evidence such as eyewitness testimonies and traffic surveillance footage.
- Causation: Car accident victims must also prove that their injuries were suffered in the crash. In order to do so, they can provide their medical reports.
- Harm: It must be proven that the accident injury caused the victim specific damages on a physical, emotional, or financial level.
There are also other parameters that must be followed in order to obtain compensation:
- Statute of Limitations: This is the time limit that victims are given to file their accident injury claim. If they do not file it within this time frame, the court will surely void the case. Each state imposes its own time limit to do. For instance: In Oregon, the statute of limitations is two years. However, in Florida, it is two years.
- Comparative Negligence Law: This mandate establishes the contribution of each party directly tied to the incident. There are two types known as “pure comparative negligence” and “modified comparative negligence”.
- Accident victims can recover damages for their injuries but their award will be reduced according to their percentage of fault. On the other hand, modified comparative negligence establishes that victims can only recover a settlement if they were less than 50% responsible for the collision.
This Is Why You Need to Hire a Motor Vehicle Accident Lawyer
- These injury attorneys are experts in road and state laws. Additionally, they are knowledgeable on the legal framework of personal injury accidents. They know what must be done so that you can attain proper compensation.
- As we mentioned earlier, insurance companies are notorious for undermining victims’ claims. They may also offer you an unfair monetary settlement. However, an accident lawyer can negotiate with these firms and protect your rights.
- It is imperative to prove that the other driver caused the accident in the first place. Thankfully, car accident attorneys work alongside private investigators who can seek evidence of the incident.
- Being injured and having to negotiate with insurers can be very overwhelming. Rest assured though, that your accident lawyer can negotiate with them on your behalf while you recover from your injuries.
Hire a Motor Vehicle Accident Attorney Right Away!
We thank you for taking the time in reading this article. This information was brought to you by the best law firm in the nation. Do not allow these insurers to take advantage of your pain and suffering. You deserve justice! Contact a motor vehicle accident attorney right now in order to defend your rights!