Updating the firmware of a Netgear Orbi device is damn important in order for it to work properly. However, many users have a hard time perform Orbi firmware update. Have you been going through the same issue?
If you’re nodding your head to the question, then know that there isn’t anything to worry about. To troubleshoot the issue at hand, all you need to do is, follow the below-mentioned troubleshooting steps.
We assure you, by the time you’re done reading this article, the Netgear Orbi firmware update failure issue would’ve far away from you.
Resolved: Netgear Orbi Firmware Update Failure Issue
- Relocate the Netgear Orbi
Start by cross-checking the location of your Netgear Orbi device. Where is it placed? Is it placed at its ideal location? If the answer is no, then it’s high time that you relocate your WiFi device. Also, consider the points mentioned below:
- Make sure your Netgear Orbi is placed in the center most location of your house.
- Then, keep the Orbi satellite close to the WiFi router.
- Maintain a safe between the Netgear Orbi router and transmitting appliances.
- Power-Cycle the WiFi Device
Another reason why your Netgear Orbi firmware update failed is because of a technical glitch. But, worry not. This little issue can easily be taken care of. To resolve the issue, power-cycling your WiFi device is the perfect option:
Follow the step-by-step instructions mentioned below and know how to power-cycle your Netgear Orbi device:
- Turn off your Netgear Orbi router.
- Unplug the power cable from the wall socket.
- Disconnect all the extra devices connected to your Orbi.
- Let your Netgear Orbi device rest for a couple of seconds.
- Then, plug the power cable back into the wall socket.
- See if the power LED light on your device has become solid green.
Once you power-cycle your Netgear Orbi, access the orbilogin.com web page and check whether you are able to update the firmware of your WiFi device or not.
Note: If the power LED light has not turned solid green, then it is recommended that you get in touch with our experts immediately.
- Check the Internet Connection
If restarting your WiFi device didn’t resolve the firmware update failure issue, then you should waste no time in checking your internet connection. Does your Netgear Orbi device has access to a blazing-fast internet connection? No? Well, make sure it has.
To do that, mentioned below are the points that you need to keep in mind:
- Ensure that your Netgear Orbi router is properly connected to the modem. If your WiFi devices were connected wirelessly so far, make use of an Ethernet cable to connect them. It is a more reliable option in comparison.
- Next, get in touch with your Internet Service Provider (ISP). You never know, the internet issue might be from their end.
Once you are done following the aforementioned troubleshooting tips, download the Netgear Orbi app on your phone and update the firmware of your device.
Instructions to Perform Netgear Orbi Firmware Update
For those of you who want to perform Netgear Orbi firmware update using their laptop, here are the guidelines that you should walk through:
- Power on your computer or laptop.
- Open a web browser of your choice.
- Access the orbilogin.net web page.
- Once you’ve successfully logged into your device, go to Settings.
- Click on Administration.
- Enter the model number of your Netgear Orbi device.
- Now, click on the Firmware Update option.
Note: Do not forget to give your Netgear Orbi device some time to get fully updated.