When you are a newbie to smoking cannabis, everything can seem intimidating. With the different accessories and products, you may be overwhelmed by choosing the right products for you. However, by doing a little research beforehand, you can go to your first smoking experience feeling confident and ready to enjoy marijuana safely.
How to use bongs the RIGHT way!
Prepare the bong
The first three steps of using bongs is to prepare the bong. If you don’t prepare the apparatus correctly, the smoking experience will suffer. See more here for bongs options.
- The first step is to fill the bong with water. The amount of water you must use depends on the size of the bong you are using. When pouring the water, ensure the water goes directly into the mouthpiece.
- Next, grind your cannabis. Use a grinder, scissors, or sharp object to make sure it is ground finely to pack at the bottom of your bowl.
- Finally, pack the cannabis into the bowl of the bong. The bowl is the funnel at the outside portion of the downstem. Make sure you avoid packing too tightly, as it will impede the ease of pulling a hit.
Lighting the bong
Once you have prepared the apparatus for smoking, you need to learn how to light bongs.
- If you are new to using bongs, place the bong on a table and sit near the apparatus, so you are level height with the object.
- Hold the bong with one hand, wrapping your hand around the smoke chamber or holding it from the bottom.
- Take a few deep breaths to steady yourself and get ready for inhaling smoke.
- Put your mouth on the mouthpiece, with your lips inside the mouthpiece. Make sure there are no gaps when you are using bongs, or smoke can escape.
- Light the lighter with your hand. Using the other hand that is not holding the bong, use a regular pocket lighter to light the marijuana in the bowl.
Inhaling the smoke
The final step in using bongs is to inhale the smoke.
- Inhale slowly as you light the bowl with the lighter. The smoke should not be in your lungs at this point, but moving slowly up the chamber.
- Stop lighting the bowl when you are satisfied with how much smoke is inside the chamber. If you are new to using bongs, make sure you only fill up the chamber about half way.
- Pull the bowl out of its stem and inhale the smoke. If you can’t inhale all of the smoke at once since you are a beginner at using bongs, cover the mouthpiece with the palm of your hand to prevent any smoke from escaping.
- Hold the smoke in your lungs for a few seconds to obtain the high feeling.
- Exhale the smoke by blowing the smoke into the room or out of the window.
- Place the bowl back in the stem so you can ready the bong for the next person.
Using bongs can be intimidating, but it doesn’t have to be. By doing some research beforehand about the proper way to prepare a bong, use the apparatus, and inhale the smoke is all you have to do to feel confident during your first smoke session with friends.