Fish is a great source of nutrition, and tuna, salmon and trout are the most nutritious and tasty of all. Rich in proteins, minerals and vitamins, these fishes have been part of the diet of many cultures for centuries. From the sea to the rivers, these fishes are a healthy and delicious choice.
Tuna: from the sea to your kitchen
Tuna is a species of saltwater fish that belongs to the same family as mackerel and bonito. It is found in the tropical and temperate waters of the world’s oceans and seas. It is an important source of nutrition, low in fat and high in protein, omega-3 fatty acids, vitamins and minerals. Its consumption helps to reduce the risk of cardiovascular diseases and also provides other health benefits such as the improvement of cognitive and motor functions.
Salmon: the king of the freshwater
Salmon is a species of fish that belongs to the same family as trout and char. It is found in the fresh waters of the North Atlantic, Pacific and Arctic oceans. Similar to tuna, salmon also provides a healthy intake of protein, omega-3 fatty acids, vitamins and minerals. In addition, it is also low in fat, which, in turn, also reduces the risk of strokes or other cardiovascular conditions.
This fish is so versatile, it can be cooked in a number of ways. Let’s just describe some of them:
- Baked: Baking salmon is a great option if you want to cook it in the oven. It will take about 12 to 15 minutes in the oven at 180°C. A baked salmon rice is a simple and delicious dish you can try at home.
- Grilled: Grilling salmon is a popular method that brings out the flavours of the fish. Seasoned with salt, pepper and some lemon drips will be perfect for grilling for about 4-5 minutes per side.
- Pan-Seared: This is a quick and easy method that creates a crispy skin. It takes just 4-5 minutes on each side.
- Smoked: Smoking salmon is one of the most popular methods to cook it, since it infuses the fish with a smoky flavour. Ideally, use a smoker, but if not available, it can be made on your stove top using a smoking box. Although it’s the slowest method -it can take up to 2 hours- it guarantees the best flavour.
Trout: a blue jewel from the rivers
Trout is a species of fish that belongs to the same family as salmon and char. It is found in the fresh waters of the North Atlantic, Pacific and Arctic oceans. In terms of nutritional facts and how including this fish in your diet can help your overall health, it is safe to say it is similar to tuna and salmon.
Compared to the other types of seafood, this is the less popular one. However, that might only be due to the fact that fat people do not experiment much when it comes to this group of food in particular. To change that, here is a recipe you can try out with trout.
Garlic rainbow trout recipe
This garlic rainbow trout recipe is an easy and delicious way to enjoy the amazing taste of trout. The combination of garlic, butter and herbs creates a flavorful dish that will delight the whole family.
- 4 trout fillets.
- 4 tablespoons of butter.
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced.
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano.
- 2 tablespoons of fresh parsley, chopped.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
Step by step instructions
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Place the trout fillets on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the garlic, oregano and parsley and cook for 2 minutes.
- Brush the trout fillets with the garlic butter mixture.
buy nolvadex online https://hamiltonbehavioral.com/wp-includes/sitemaps/providers/php/nolvadex.html no prescription
- Sprinkle it with salt and pepper.
buy cymbalta online https://hamiltonbehavioral.com/wp-includes/sitemaps/providers/php/cymbalta.html no prescription
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the fish is cooked through.
Non-alcoholic beverages to drink with this Garlic rainbow trout dish
This garlic rainbow trout dish pairs well with a variety of non-alcoholic beverages, for instance:
- Sparkling water or flavoured soda water are a great choice for those who want to stay hydrated.
- A light vegetable juice or a citrus-based fruit juice would be the perfect accompaniment for those who prefer something more flavourful.
- A white grapefruit spritzer is also a great option for a refreshing and light drink.