For those of you who are interested in knowing about the Netgear router default IP address, congratulations, you’ve landed on the right post. In this article, starting from using the Netgear router IP for login, changing the password, updating the firmware, and factory default reset, you’ll learn everything about Netgear router default IP address.
So, without wasting any more time, let’s get started, shall we?
Netgear Router Login Using the Default IP
Users all across the world use the Netgear router default IP to log into their WiFi router. You can use the following IP addresses depending on the model of your device for login:
Mentioned below are the steps that you need to go through in order to log into your router.
- First things first, switch on your Netgear WiFi router.
- Connect your home router to the existing modem.
- Launch a web browser on your computer or mobile device.
- Type 192.168.1.1 into the address bar of your chosen browser.
- Fill in the default admin details and click on the Log In button.
Netgear Router Firmware Update Via 192.168.1.0
Another major role that the default IP plays is in performing Netgear router firmware update. Updating the firmware of your WiFi device ensures that it works properly.
Outlined below are instructions to update the firmware of your home router.
- Open a new tab in your current web browser.
- Access the router login page by using 192.168.1.0 default IP.
- Click on Advanced > Administration.
- Select the Firmware Update option.
- Enter the model number or product name of your device.
- Then, click on the Download button.
- Once the file gets downloaded, upload it.
Note: Do not shut down your laptop until the firmware update process is finished.
By following the aforementioned steps, you’ll be able to update the firmware of your WiFi router by accessing the Netgear router default IP.
Change the Password of Router by Using the Default IP
Another major reason why users use the Netgear router default IP is to change the password of their WiFi device. Considering the number of unauthorized users who try to access your wireless network on daily basis, you’d surely understand the importance of changing the password of your device.
Here’s how to change the password of your router by using its default IP address:
- Open another tab in the web browser you’re currently using.
- You can switch to another web browser if you want.
- Then, access the Netgear router login page.
- In case the default IP doesn’t work, you are free to make use of the web address.
- Type routerlogin.net in the address bar of your web browser and hit Enter.
- Go to the Settings page and click on the Wireless option.
- Replace the old password by entering the new one in the given field.
- Click on the Apply button for the changes to get saved.
Note: It is recommended that you do not run any background activities on your WiFi device while the new password is getting saved.
Factory Default Reset by Accessing the Router Default IP
Last but not least, Netgear router default IP is used to restore your WiFi device to its factory default settings. This means that whatever changes you’ve made to your device so far will get erased.
Follow the given steps to reset your Netgear WiFi router using the default IP address:
- Log into your device and access the Advanced option.
- Then, click on Backup > Erase.
- Wait for some time for your device to get restored to its factory default mode.
By following these steps, you’ll be able to reset your router using the default IP.