The competition on the Internet is increasing every year. Therefore, website design animation is of paramount importance. This trick helps to grab and keep users’ attention. Moreover, the outer shell is gradually shifting into the background. Clients and developers are paying more and more attention to the overall concept of the project. The concept of product design trends has developed quite fully. It is very important to try to anticipate the future of product design. This will help create an effective website that will stay afloat for several years. This approach will help save money on the subsequent website and brand redesign.
Product design trends 2020 include three main trends. You will learn about them from this article.
1. UX audit
Trends in product design have included a UX approach for many years now. Regular auditing allows you to identify problems at an early stage, before they become critical. UX audit helps a company identify its strengths and weaknesses. You can also perform this analysis against your competitors.
UX Auditing Explained
This term describes the complex process of finding problem areas of a site or application. The first step is to figure out which parts of the design are frustrating or even annoying for users. This is necessary so as not to alienate a significant part of the target audience.
UX audit techniques
Verification methods depend on the state of the site and the experience of the designer. It is recommended to hire an outside contractor for this job. He will notice the most critical mistakes with a fresh eye. Also, an outsourcing performer can bring fresh ideas to an established brand. The first thing a professional will look for:
- Difficult navigation. This flaw needs to be corrected first. If the user has not found in the site menu within a few seconds what he came for, he will most likely quickly go to another site.
- Errors in design implementation. It often happens that the same buttons are used on all pages instead of just one.
- Less conspicuous misuse of templates. But if this mistake was made, then the texts and images will move out and overlap each other. This happens when items are enlarged or other interactions occur.
2. Ethical design
This is a relatively new concept. It means effectively protecting the privacy of users. This includes:
- Personal data.
- User preferences.
- Create useful habits for website and application visitors.
It is very important to maintain a good user experience while implementing ethical website customizations. This approach requires thoughtful work by the designer in conjunction with the programmers. They must implement appropriate security protocols. In doing so, designers should abandon aggressive or intrusive marketing. Deceptive tricks that force users to click on hidden links are also considered unethical.
Ethical design places the following requirements on websites:
- Prioritizing user experience over desired profit margins will ultimately lead to higher customer loyalty.
- Respect for the time of site visitors.
- Filling the site with important and relevant content.
- Demonstrate transparency of intent with open calls to action.
3. Product design tool updates
The advent of Sketch and Figma to complement traditional Photoshop has allowed teams of designers, marketers, and programmers to work together. For example, in Figma, you can write messages directly and get feedback. Also last year, there were two additional useful features:
- Smart Animate helps you create animations.
- Auto Layout allows you to create dynamic building blocks based on existing ones. For example, buttons and icons can be resized automatically when the copy is changed. This saves time for developers and designers.