The living room is the space for a family to meet, watch TV, play games and greet each other. Be it an apartment or individual house, and it is the place to relax and socialize and functions as a guest’s reception. All the objects in a living room will regulate the amount of intimacy desired with the guests. And the sofa plays the most vital role in making it happen. So, it involves significant effort to decide what type of sofa one should engage in his/her living room. Though there are two different notable styles of sofa, namely the standard and sectional sofa, it is best to prefer the latter with regards to many benefits it showers on us.
Types of Sectional Sofas
Sectional sofas are available in various patterns and designs. The significant advantage of it is that one can rearrange it according to any living room. The prevailing patterns are:
- U shaped sectional sofa
- L shaped sectional sofa
- Chaise sectional sofa
- Pit Sectional sofa
U shaped sectional sofa offers a lot of seating capacity and is ideal for large families or encourages regular friends and family gatherings. These sofas have a centre sofa with two equal sofas on either side of it.
L shaped sectional sofa by Wakefit is ideal for a smaller room to prevent them from looking cluttered. It usually has two sofas on either side with a middle seater connecting it. This sofa requires a large wall to position it accordingly.
Chaise sectional sofa resembles a lot like an ordinary sofa with the chaise typically at one end of the couch. It also has chaise cushions, and these are the basic sectional sofa to invest.
Pit Sectional sofa provides a cosy feel and is more like a bed than a couch. This sofa has many cushions and is ideal for a more intimate group who does not mind to sit physically close to each other.
Advantages of Purchasing A Sectional Sofa Over A Standard Sofa
The main valid criteria for preferring a sectional sofa are:
- It provides additional seating in a limited space.
- They give a more relaxed and informal atmosphere which looks more appealing and inviting for the guests.
- A sectional sofa is a great option when one needs additional bedding, and the best place to buy a sectional sofa online is to surf with the help of dimensions.
- The luxurious sectional sofa offers a wide variety of additional features like a USB port, cup holders, adjustable headrests, and reclining backs.
When To Prefer A Sectional Sofa?
Certain factors like will determine the decision of whether to choose a sectional sofa or not.
Seating and the number of seats one requires to engage in his/her living room is the essential point to decide on what type of sofa and how many seaters he/she needs. According to a golden thumb rule, the number of dining seats is the number of seats one should have in his/her living room. If a person is an extrovert by inviting a more significant number of people with frequent after-dinner cocktail events or get-togethers, he/she should opt for a sectional sofa with no doubts.
The room space is the most significant determining factor in deciding on the type of sofa. The asymmetric nature of a sectional couch will favour a small living room, making it adaptable to move and organize as per its size. But at times a sectional sofa may become overpowering if the room has strange door positioning or a staircase placed oddly.
Aesthetics is the type of living room one wants to have, whether it has to look formal or with a professional finish or look overwhelmingly comfortable and inviting. A traditional standard sofa would be perfect for the former, whereas a sectional sofa would work better with the later thoughts.
Reasons to Choose A Sectional Sofa
The numerous reasons to choose a sectional sofa over the other kinds of the couch are:
- It is perfect for snuggling under a blanket and watching TV as it offers the best cosy feel than any other sofa.
- A sectional sofa is the one that provides warmth and softness to a modern space. This is because they are generously sized with comfortable sections that give an elegant touch to any modern area.
- They offer different napping spots with the incredible chaise that is best for a quick nap. But it recommended to test it before buying as not all the chaise are equal-sized and perfect to fit everyone’s needs.
- Purchasing sectional sofa online is perfect for a group who intend to play games and want to laze around casually.
- They are best for party spaces also and are kid-friendly with all the enormous cushions.
- A sectional sofa is apt wherein one intends to make it stand alone and where the living room has a lot of doors and other features like bookshelves, racks and staircases. They help to furnish the living room better under these circumstances.
- These sofas are just the right ones when one wants his/her living space to be simple and streamlined, with no extra furniture.
- Sectional sofas also act as a perfect divider with visibility of the room space.
- They can be configured while shifting and that always helps to change by moving the positions and using the pieces separately in different rooms.
Choosing the right sofa is always an overwhelming job as it is essential to analyze and conclude what kind of seating will work best for the individual. The living room being the popular spot selecting the perfect sofa is a daunting task that must fit into space confinement and budget. A sectional sofa is something that one will never regret investing owing to its numerous advantages over the other kinds of sofas available commercially. The visual statement is always the most appealing factor when it comes to interior design, and sectional sofas are both visually attractive and provide extreme levels of comfort. Undoubtedly the best buy for any season would be nothing but a sectional sofa.