Mexican dishes have everything one wishes for a meal: they are full of different flavours, textures and colours. There is no doubt Mexican food deserves the popularity it has around the globe.
Shrimp filled tacos dorados are just a perfect example. This is a delicious Mexican dish that combines the crunchy texture of deep fried tacos with the savoury goodness of shrimp. The combination of flavours and textures make this a dish that is sure to please everyone at the table. The key to creating this amazing dish is to use fresh ingredients and follow the steps carefully.
For those who are vegan, a vegetarian alternative can be made by substituting the shrimp with mushrooms or other vegetables. Either way, this dish is sure to be a hit at any gathering.
However, you may want to visit https://mahatmarice.com/recipes/rice-and-beans-tacos-dorados/ for another completely different version of tacos dorados, this one quite apt for vegans. Mexicans always surprise their diners!
These tacos dorados con camarones (let’s learn a little bit of Spanish as well) require just the following ingredients:
- 1 lb of large shrimp, peeled and deveined.
- ¼ cup of all-purpose flour.
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- ½ teaspoon of paprika.
- ½ teaspoon of cumin.
- ½ teaspoon of salt.
- ½ teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- ¼ cup of vegetable oil.
- 8 taco shells.
- ½ cup of grated cheese.
- ½ cup of diced tomatoes.
- ½ cup of diced onions.
- ½ cup of shredded lettuce.
To make shrimp filled tacos dorados follow these steps:
- In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, garlic powder, paprika, cumin, salt, and pepper. Mix together until all ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Dip each shrimp into the flour mixture, coating all sides. Carefully, place the shrimp into the hot skillet and cook for 3 to 4 minutes per side, until golden brown and cooked through.
- Remove the shrimp from the skillet and drain on a paper towel.
- Heat the taco shells in the oven or in a dry skillet over medium-high heat.
- Fill each taco shell with the cooked shrimp, grated cheese, diced tomatoes, onions, and lettuce.
- Serve with your favourite condiments and enjoy!
- For a better outcome, be sure to use fresh shrimp. Frozen shrimp can be substituted, but the texture and flavour won’t be as good.
- Also, be sure to heat the taco shells before filling them to help them stay crispy.
- Finally, for a vegan version of this dish, mushrooms or other vegetables can be substituted for the shrimp.
Shrimp is an excellent source of protein and low in both fat and calories. It also contains a number of vitamins and minerals, such as selenium, vitamin B12, phosphorus, and iron. Eating shrimp can help to boost the immune system, reduce inflammation, and support healthy vision.
These tacos also contain other vitamins and minerals, such as vitamin A and C, calcium, and magnesium. Overall, these tacos are a nutritious and delicious way to enjoy a Mexican-inspired meal.
Some drinks to accompany this delicious Mexican dish
Here are a few typical Mexican beverages that would pair perfectly well with shrimp-filled tacos dorados:
- Michelada: This popular Mexican drink is made with beer, lime juice, hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and Maggi sauce. It’s a refreshing and spicy drink that complements the flavours of shrimp tacos dorados.
buy xifaxan online buy xifaxan generic
- Margarita: A classic margarita made with tequila, lime juice, and orange liqueur is a great choice to balance the heat and saltiness of the shrimp tacos dorados.
buy cenforce online buy cenforce generic
- Horchata: A sweet and creamy rice milk drink flavoured with cinnamon and vanilla, horchata is a popular beverage in Mexico that can help soothe the palate after spicy food.
- Jamaica: A refreshing and tart hibiscus tea, jamaica is a popular non-alcoholic beverage in Mexico that is also great for cleansing the palate between bites of the shrimp tacos dorados.
buy sildalis online buy sildalis generic
- Agua fresca: Another popular non-alcoholic beverage in Mexico, agua fresca is a fruit-infused water that can come in a variety of flavours, such as watermelon, cantaloupe, or cucumber. It’s a light and refreshing option that can balance out the richness of the shrimp tacos dorados.