FBISD Skyward strives to help students become independent while also helping them explore and realize their full potential and creativity. Their programs encourage students to excel academically and pursue careers that surpass even their most ambitious dreams.
Parents can easily track their child’s progress from home using this portal by viewing grades, assignments, and attendance records. Furthermore, they can communicate easily with teachers to address any concerns or share any queries; creating an open dialogue that fosters an important partnership between teachers and parents.
- From the time you first become a parent, you understand the importance of ensuring your child has the safest and most enriching environment possible.
- It’s also no secret that many new parents struggle to balance their busy schedules with the needs of their children.
- Thankfully, there’s a multitude of ways to ensure your children have access to a great education.
- One such resource is an online school, also known as an online learning program. While these programs are a great fit for many students, others may struggle to find the time to attend classes or interact with their classmates.
- For these students, an online learning program such as FBISD Skyward can be a great fit. With this in mind, we’ve compiled a list of everything you need to know about FBISD Skyward family access.
Let’s dive into a few topics:
What is FBISD Skyward?
- FBISD Skyward is an online learning program operated by the Fort Bend Independent School District in Texas.
- The program provides K-12 students living in the district with an opportunity to take selected FBISD courses.
- As an independently run program, parents do not enroll their children in FBISD schools. But they do have full control over their child’s education once they are enrolled in FBISD Skyward.
- Residents of Fort Bend ISD may apply for FBISD Skyward online here. Once approved, the district will contact parents via email to arrange an on-site orientation.
How Does It Work?
- Parents living in the Fort Bend area can choose from four different FBISD Skyward programs: K-8, 9-12, Honors, and AP.
- The K-8 program is for students in kindergarten through fifth grade, the 9-12 program is for sixth through 12th graders, the Honors program is for gifted/talented students in seventh through 12th grades, and the AP program is for high school students who are majoring in specific academic subjects.
- Parents can choose which courses their child will take based on their child’s grade level and academic level. Most courses are offered during the school year and are offered at no cost to students.
- Courses are designed to help students of all ages learn the skills they need for success in life and competitive employment. Courses cover a wide range of topics including history, economics, government, health, computer science, foreign language, etc.
Is FBISD Skyward Right for My Family?
The short answer is yes. In fact, in many ways, it’s better than attending a neighborhood school since there’s no driving, no gas money, and no expensive uniform expenses. And since your child doesn’t attend school in the traditional sense, there’s no chance they’ll be bullied or feel left out.
That said, it’s worth noting that FBISD Skyward is not a virtual school. While it does provide online learning for students, it does not offer a full online learning program for K-12.
- Students must live in Fort Bend ISD to apply.
- This means that if you’re a city dweller, you’ll want to look into other online learning programs.
- Since this is an online learning program, students must be able to access the Internet and a computer with Internet access.
How to Apply for?
Parents wishing to apply for FBISD Skyward must first become a student at an approved private school or public school in the Fort Bend ISD. Once you’ve enrolled your child, you can apply for FBISD Skyward online.
If you live in the Fort Bend area and have children in K-12, FBISD Skyward could be a great fit. The program provides online learning for students and their parents can attend orientation at a local school to get a taste of what it’s like to be in a virtual classroom.
The best part is that FBISD Skyward is free for participating students. And the best way to ensure your child has access to the program is to enroll them in one of the nearby private or public schools.