India is moving fast in technological innovation, and Indian engineers are valued not only in India but all over the world. Engineers are developing and innovating in the field of healthcare, robotics, oil and gas, transportation, etc. Electrical being one of the popular choices among engineering students offers a wide variety of career opportunities. This post will talk about electrical engineers, the career opportunities available for them, and the electrical engineering colleges in India.
Who is an electrical engineer?
Electrical engineers deal with the design, creation, and development of electronic devices. They also need to evaluate the dependability, safety, and efficiency of electrical goods and the components that make them.
Functions of an Electrical Engineer
- Project planning– These engineers need to make a plan for an individual project. Planning enables them to establish precise objectives and focus group efforts on accomplishing these objectives.
- Manufacturing electronic items– They execute their plan and develop products by following the requirements and quality & safety standards set by the business/client. They work on separate mechanisms or components before putting them together to make goods that are ready for the market.
- Testing and Evaluation– They test the prototype for safety and durability. And if they findany mistakes or defects, electrical engineers correct those flaws.
- Formulate Usage Recommendations- Companies evaluate new products with the help of actual users to ensure product lifespan and user safety. By creating guides for handling, operating, troubleshooting, and maintaining a product, electrical engineers can assist at this point.
- Maintenance and Repair– Degradable parts, which are susceptible to wear and tear, are frequently used in electrical systems and products. Because of this, businesses frequently require the assistance of electrical engineers to guarantee the correct upkeep of their specialised machinery and goods. Electrical engineers can also carry out installations and repairs as needed.
Essential skills required to be a successful electrical engineer
- Technical Knowledge
- Critical Thinking
- Knowledge of Computer Application
Career options available to Electrical Engineers
Below mentioned are some career options EE engineers can choose from, after passing out from electrical engineering colleges.
- Instrumentation Engineer- The primary objectives of an instrumentation engineer are to increase productivity, safety, dependability, stability, and optimization in industries with automated processes.
For people with creative problem-solving abilities, the ability to translate project needs into the design and development of hardware that is appropriate for the task, and strong communication skills, instrumentation engineering is one of the greatest careers after electrical engineering.
The average salary of an instrumentation engineer is 5 LPA.
- Telecommunication Engineer– Telecommunication engineers are experts at managing data across a variety of communication channels, including text, voice, and video. Different telecommunications networks are put up and designed by them. In addition to the internet, computer networks radio and television, satellite, computer networks, internet, and optical fibre are just a few of the many devices they can connect to.
Their Average salary is 3 LPA.
- Micro Electrical Engineer– These engineers are involved in the creation of tiny electronic components for use in aeronautical devices, new biomedical technologies, and information technologies. They develop new designs, carry out specializedtesting, and gather and analyze data regarding the performance of new models.
Their average salary is 2 LPA.
- Computer Engineering- To assist in the testing of computer hardware and other contemporary technologies, electrical engineers can use their skills and knowledge to assume the positions of network architects or programmers. Their work may cross multiple disciplines, including but not limited to artificial intelligence, machine learning, cybersecurity, and computer system design.
- Biomedical Engineering-As an electrical engineer, you can design wireless networks, deal with electronic devices that use radio waves, develop products and systems for electronic communication, or maintain the hardware required for various transmissions.
List of organizations that hire electrical engineers-
- Shell oil company
- Reliance Power
- Siemens Technology services
- General Electric, and others.
Arya College Jaipur is a part of the Arya group of colleges founded by Shri T.K. Agarwal in the year 1999. This college is one of the reputed private colleges in India. This college is working on a mission to create and nurture individuals who can contribute to the progress and development of our country.
Arya’s group of colleges has made Rajasthan an IT hub of north India. This College started its journey by offering postgraduate and undergraduate engineering courses and now they also have management, pharmacy, and arts courses.
Let’s take a look at the Electrical engineering courses offered by Arya
|Courses||Duration||No. of seats||Eligibility criteria|
|B Tech||4 years||180||Students must pass 10+2 with PCM and 50% aggregate marks.|
|M Tech||2 years||18||Students must pass Bachelor’s degree in the relevant field or equivalent with an aggregate of 55%.|
To sum up,
There are enormous opportunities and scope in the field of electrical engineering, and the first step to avail those opportunities is to join the right college which will give you a strong foundation and guide you towards the correct career path. Check out the course curriculum of Arya College Jaipur and apply for admission.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What are the branches of electrical engineering?
Power engineering, electronic engineering, Microelectronics, signal processing, computer engineering, and telecommunication are the branches of electrical engineering.
- What subjects do you study in electrical engineering?
Electromechanics, circuit theory, physical electronics, engineering electromagnetics, communications engineering, and analog, and digital electrical engineering are the subjects you will study in EE.
- Is Private BTech worth it?
Yes, many good private BTech colleges in India provide quality education, affordable fee structure, and placement in multinational companies. Conduct deep research about colleges before applying.
- Do private colleges need JEE mains?
It differs from college to college. There are certain colleges where JEE mains scores will be required whereas some colleges also give admission based on merit or through other engineering entrance examinations such as WBJEE, MHT CET, etc.
- Which industries hire electrical engineers?
Robotics, consumer electronics, aerospace, renewable energy, and manufacturing industries hire EE.