The Maldives is one of the top beach holiday destinations in the world and if you are thinking of booking a holiday in this paradise, there are many leisure activities to keep you occupied. A total of 26 atolls make up the Republic of Maldives, which is nestled in the Indian Ocean and stretches across the equator.
If you are going to book one of the luxury villas in the Maldives, here are some of the cool activities that await you.
- Scuba diving –There’s no better place to learn how to dive than the Maldives and there are schools for beginners and experts alike. If you already have your PADI, you can dive some amazing reefs and if you are a raw novice, you can familiarise yourself with the gear in a swimming pool.
- Reef snorkelling – The marine life is something else in the Maldives, with clear blue water and very colourful coral; take your underwater camera because your friends will never believe your account of the underwater world! You don’t need your snorkelling gear, as your resort has masks and flippers.
- Dolphin watching – Yes, you can observe playful dolphins that are curious and will approach a boat. Ask at your resort reception and they can book you a seat on the next dolphin-watching tour and get ready for an amazing experience. Click here for how to organise a yacht party.
- World-class surfing –It won’t surprise you to learn that some of the best waves can be found on the beaches of the Maldives; whether you’re a beginner or an experienced surfer, there will be a place where you can ride the waves.
- Deep sea fishing –If you fancy hooking a huge blue marlin, the Maldives is an ideal location, with experienced skippers who know where the mega-huge fish reside. Talk to one of the staff at your resort and they can advise you about which charter company is the best.
- Spa treatments – Every top resort would have a spa team, with a wide range of services to soothe and relax you. At the end of a busy day of water sports, what better way to recharge your batteries than a soothing massage?
- Parasailing & waterskiing – Every 5-star resort would offer their guests a range of water sports and with an in-house instructor and all the equipment, you can enjoy breath-taking views of the beaches and waves.
- Island hopping – You simply must visit some of the smaller islands and your resort has a speedboat that is ready to whisk you off to unique settings. It’s a nice feeling when you walk along a deserted beach, knowing that you are the only person for miles! Day trips are awesome and the resort will pack a delicious lunch while you explore places that are very remote.
We hope that your luxury holiday in the Maldives is everything you dreamed of and some!