The first thing people notice while playing bingo is the funny or sometimes controversial nicknames or calls for numbers. The tradition of bingo calls began somewhere around the 1930s and was most probably introduced by the soldiers. That’s why the traditional bingo calls are primarily associated with the army. You might wonder how this tradition was precisely invented. There is no specific answer for why these slangs or rings were used in the first place. But they indeed have made bingo a whole lot more enjoyable – deposit and play today.
These nicknames are usually funny rhymes or sayings such as 48 is now being referred to as “Not another Brexit,” referring to the Brexit deal that took 48 years before finally being approved. However, not all of the slang is funny, as a few might be a bit rude or sometimes even aggressive. Here are a few of that rude bingo still being used in the online bingo rooms.
- 8 – Sexy Cate: One of the very first crude bingo rhymes used on some of the online bingo platforms is Sexy Kate, Used for 8 and is most probably referring to the royal princess.
- 13 – Keep Them Keen: The rhyme comes from the controversial idiom “treat them mean, keep them keen.” It is a sense that means a woman will be more interested in a man if he’s not kind to her.
- 20 – Getting Plenty: Some say it’s just a rhyme and others say it refers to men saying we are getting plenty of women in our 20’s. It’s up to you how you take it.
- 21 – Adult Fun: 1, it rhymes, and 2, it refers to the legal age of consuming alcohol in the UK.
- 24 – Did You Score: Another one of those men made bingo calls which is another way of asking if someone has had sexual intercourse with someone else.
- 30 – Dirty Gertie: Some online bingo rooms are still using the Dirty Gertie slang for bingo. However, there is no information on what this slang refers to.
- 34 – Flirty Whore: Well, we have no idea why it is still being used or what it refers to.
- 37 – One Night in Heaven: The rhyme referring to a one-night stand has absolutely nothing to do with bingo, and we have no idea why it’s still being used.
- 41 – I’ve Done Your Mum: Yep, don’t be surprised it’s also a bingo call still being used in some private bingo sites.
- 44 – On All Fours: Well, it means on your knees and hands or to walk like an animal, and what it refers to? Well, it’s up to you how you take it.
- 66 – Kinky Tricks: Well, out of all the rhymes and slangs, someone decided to go with 66 Kinki Tricks, and it’s still being used to this date.
- 69 – Your Place or Mine: 69 is a number that has always been used for a sexual context, and it’s been used that way till now.
● 87 – Grandma’s Gone to Heaven: A rhyme announcing the death of someone’s grandmother, and for some, it is funny.