Explainer videos are short, captivating, and informative videos that explain a complex topic or idea simply and clearly. Businesses, educators, and nonprofits often use them to communicate their value propositions, product features, or social causes. But did you know politicians and political parties can also use explainer videos to win hearts and votes? In this article, we will examine how explainer videos can positively impact political campaigns. We will look at some of the advantages of using explainer videos in politics, some of the techniques and best practices for creating effective political explainer videos, and some examples of successful political explainer videos from around the world. To order such a video you can contact the production studio crftvideo.com
Advantages of Using Explainer Videos in Politics
Explainer videos can have a number of advantages for political campaigns, such as:
Increasing awareness and reach: Explainer videos can help politicians and political parties reach a broader and more diverse audience online. According to Google, YouTube is the most popular online video platform among voters, with 78% of registered voters using it to learn about candidates and issues. Explainer videos can also be easily posted on social media, email, or messaging apps, increasing their viral potential and word-of-mouth effect.
Educating and informing: Explainer videos can help politicians and political parties educate and inform voters about their policies, platforms, or visions. Explainer videos can simplify complex or controversial topics, such as taxes, health care, or immigration, and present them in a bite-sized and understandable way. Explainer videos can also provide facts, data, or evidence to support their arguments or claims, increasing their reliability and trustworthiness.
- Engaging and persuading: Explainer videos can help politicians and political parties engage and persuade voters to support them or take action. Explainer videos can use storytelling, humor, emotion, or creativity to capture the attention and interest of voters. Explainer videos can also use calls to action, such as voting, donating, volunteering, or signing petitions, to motivate voters to participate or contribute to their campaigns.
Techniques and Best Practices for Creating Effective Political Explainer Videos
To create effective political explainer videos, here are some of the techniques and best practices to follow:
- Know your audience: Before creating an explainer video, you should know who your target audience is, what they care about, what they need to know, and how they prefer to consume information. You should also consider the tone, style, and language that will resonate with them.
- Define your goal: Before creating an explainer video, you should define what you want to achieve, such as raising awareness, educating voters, or inspiring action. You should also define how you will measure the success of your video, such as views, shares, comments, clicks, or conversions.
- Choose your format: Depending on your goal and audience, you should choose the format that will best suit your message and medium. For example, you can choose between live-action or animation, narration or text, graphics or footage. You should also consider the length of your video, which should be short enough to keep the attention of your viewers but long enough to convey your message.
- Craft your script: The script is the backbone of your explainer video. It should have a clear structure that includes an introduction that hooks your viewers, a body that explains your main points, and a conclusion that summarizes your message and includes a call to action. Your script should also be concise, clear, and compelling, using simple and direct language, avoiding jargon or technical terms, and addressing the benefits or pain points of your audience.
- Design your visuals: The visuals are the elements that make your explainer video appealing and memorable. They should complement your script and enhance your message, not distract or confuse your viewers. You should use visuals that are relevant, consistent, and high-quality, such as images, icons, charts, or animations. You should also use colors, fonts, and transitions that match your brand identity and tone.
- Add your audio: The audio is the element that adds emotion and personality to your explainer video. It can include voiceover, music, sound effects, or silence. You should use audio that is clear, professional, and appropriate for your message and audience. You should also balance the volume and timing of your audio with your visuals, ensuring that they are synchronized and harmonious.
Examples of Successful Political Explainer Videos
To illustrate how explainer videos can have a positive impact on political campaigns, here are some examples of successful political explainer videos from around the world:
- What is Brexit?: A simple and humorous animated explainer video that explains what Brexit is and why it matters in less than 3 minutes.
- How to Vote by Mail: A clear and informative live-action explainer video that shows how to vote by mail in the 2020 US presidential election in less than 2 minutes.
- Why Vote Green?: A persuasive and emotional animated explainer video that showcases the vision and values of the Green Party of Canada in less than 2 minutes.
Explainer videos are powerful tools for political campaigns that can help politicians and political parties win hearts and votes. By using explainer videos in politics, you can increase awareness and reach, educate and inform, and engage and persuade voters. You can also create effective political explainer videos by following some of the techniques and best practices, such as knowing your audience, defining your goal, choosing your format, crafting your script, designing your visuals, and adding your audio. You can also get inspired by some of the examples of successful political explainer videos from around the world.