Travelling is a passion that most pursue with a lot of vigour. The spiritual journeys of life that we take are often the ones we take outside our comfort zone. Rarely do we discover or find something new while doing the same things over and over again. The love for travelling is not synonymous with excitement to see a new place.
The journey is as important as the destination and often the most challenging yet fun part of travelling. Whether you wish to travel for work, leisure or education, it is safe to say that travelling outside your country is a process that needs to be planned meticulously. The execution has to be done keeping in the legal requirements of the country you are travelling to.
When you are planning a trip to the UK, you need to have your documents in order and ensure you have a step-by-step process to plan your trip. Let us look at some requirements and suggestions you might want to keep in mind.
- Although travel insurance is not mandatory while travelling to the UK, it is advisable. You can get international travel insurance online and choose the one which fits your needs.
- You need to apply for a visa 3 months in advance as the minimum time for the visa to get processed can be 3 weeks and it can take up to 3 months.
- If you are making bookings before your visa is confirmed, then it is advisable to make refundable bookings or wait till you have the visa in your hand.
- Clearly define the purpose of your visit, as the type of visa depends on your purpose. For example, a UK tourist visa from India will have different requirements than a UK student visa from India.
- Once you have chosen the type of visa, check the updated list of documents you may require and get them in order. You can schedule an appointment for your interview post this.
- Post your interview with British High Commission, you just have to wait for them to approve your visa request.
Also Read – TOP 5 TIPS FOR TRAVELLING 2021
As soon as the process is done, you receive your passport with the visa stamp and you can travel. Applying and getting a visa is just one of the many things that are required while travelling. There are a few more key points to be remembered that may make your travel easier.
- Once you have applied for a visa, it is wise to keep a printed copy of the application form with you which may be helpful in the further process.
- The passport being submitted for visa application should be applicable for the whole duration of your visit to the UK.
- Passport-sized photographs should be taken as per the specifications mentioned. This may include a certain type of background, emphasis on facial features, and clarity.
- Biometric information may be required if you are planning to apply for a visa for more than a certain period. Ensure your hands are free of cuts as it may compromise the biometric information.
- A systematic travel itinerary and history of travel should be handy and should be produced if asked for during the interview.
- Ensure that you have sufficient funds to travel to and from the UK. Along with this, you should be able to show that you have enough funds to sustain yourself during your stay and travel in the UK. You may prove this by keeping a copy of your financial details from your bank account. Keeping your salary details handy may also be useful.
- A printed copy of the receipt of payment of the visa fee may be essential when you are prepping for the interview. It is proof that you have downloaded and printed the form and not accessed the visa application form illegitimately.
The requirements for different kinds of visas may be different and require a lot more paperwork. It is wise to ensure you are aware of all the rules and regulations before you make any plans and invest in the trip that you are planning or before you land overseas. Enjoy the picturesque UK and open up a whole new world for you to explore. Lean into the wanderlust!